TD WATERHOUSE CANADA INC
TD SECURITIES INC
Vice-President, Retail Compliance / Assistant Vice-President, Retail Compliance - August 1997 to
- Was responsible for implementation and review of Compliance policies and procedures for TD Waterhouse
Private Investment Advice (full service brokerage) and TD Waterhouse Institutional Services (correspondent
brokerage), both divisions of TD Waterhouse Canada Inc.
- Participated on the Wealth Planning project steering committee in order to provide regulatory guidance into the
creation of a consistent, fully integrated wealth planning process to be utilized by all wealth businesses.
- Counseled on the integration of the Canada Trust custodial business into TD Waterhouse Institutional Services
as a result of the TD Bank and Canada Trust merger.
- Advised on the legal and regulatory reorganization of TD Evergreen, a division of TD Securities Inc, into TD
- Assisted with the Corporate Compliance Legislative Compliance Management initiative by evaluating and
ranking the various rules, regulations and legislation that are applicable to TD Waterhouse Canada Inc.
- Interacted with the various regulatory bodies regarding compliance matters, including drafting responses to
- Proactively informed the regulator of possible trading transgressions that led to the eventual disciplinary action
against the introducing broker.
- Chaired monthly Compliance Meetings with the senior management of TD Waterhouse Private Investment
Advice and TD Waterhouse Institutional Services.
- Represented Compliance in the Portfolio Management Committee, the Error Committee, and the Disciplinary
- Presented at the Rookie Investment Advisor Training Program, as well as at various business conferences.
- Interviewed Investment Advisors before they were hired and provided a regulatory risk assessment to the
- Designed and maintained an internal database to track and trend all Compliance activity.
- Managed and coached a staff of 7 to comply with the IDA Minimum Standards within these two business units.